UK Lifestyle blog consisting of fashion, Travel and Interviews!

Thursday 12 April 2018

Gucci Garden, Florence

Back in March I escaped the UK and went a little trip to Florence. Although the weather wasn't great we were well prepared for a weekend of rain and didn't let it stop us from exploring. Things have been a little crazy recently due to the big move, so we didn't really plan our trip. However I did know that I wanted to visit the Gucci Garden. I tried to research it before I went but couldn't find out exactly what it was, to be honest I'm not sure many do. So I'm here to make things a little clearer.


Gucci Garden, Florence

Essentially, it's a rather fabulous and (very overpriced) shop. It's divided up into three areas; an exhibition, a restaurant and a shop. The exhibition is free for if you're 18-25 and I think around 7-10 for everyone else, I'd really recommend checking this out. It's quite small but you get to see some really iconic pieces, plus learn lots more about the history of the brand. All of the staff are incredibly knowledgeable and will happily talk you through each piece. There's areas of the exhibition which features pieces from each designer/creative director including Tom Ford's infamous days there. My favourite room was the floral themed one, I loved the interactive projections and the pieces they had chosen for the room. I think would have been great to see more of the adverts and fashion imagery created by the brand as they've been some of the most controversial in the industry, especially during Tom Ford's reign there. I don't want to spoil it too much, but it's an Instagram haven, from quotes on the walls, to hand-painted illustrations by Jayde Fish, you're going to get very snap happy here. 


Gucci Garden, Florence
Gucci Garden, Florence
Gucci Garden, Florence
Gucci Garden, Florence

Creative director Alessandro Michele said, "The garden is real, but it belongs above all to the mind, populated with plants and animals: like the snake, which slips in everywhere, and in a sense, symbolizes a perpetual beginning and a perpetual return." 

Gucci Garden, FlorenceGucci Garden, Florence
Gucci Garden, Florence
Gucci Garden, Florence

After soaking up lots of fascinating stories about the company we walked back downstairs into the concept store which is like a mini museum in itself. It's not cheap in there, but I don't expect anyone is after some bargains. We're talking 15 for for one single postcard, 110 for a tote bag and POA on a tiny box of matches. It's pretty insane, but lots of fun none the less. They've displayed it all so beautifully, and it's truly an explosion of colour. Once you've felt depressed about your bank balance after seeing so many gorgeous candles, book and dresses. It's time to go back into the real world, however you do get to keep your Gucci pink and black ticket, so at least everyone can say they own something Gucci once they leave Florence.

Gucci Garden: Piazza della Signoria, 10, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Wow, the Gucci Garden looks like a really unique place! I'd never heard about it - not what you'd typically expect in Florence, between the churches and museums! The products inside are definitely super overpriced, but the exhibition part must have been amazing to see.

    Julia x
    Last Post: Why You Should Do Things NOW | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/lifestyle-why-you-should-do-things-now.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks amazing! I'm so jealous that you got to go here and to Florence in general, its somewhere I've always wanted to visit!
    Chloe X http://chloelxuise.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for commenting on my blog! I appreciate every single comment I get! Daisy x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig