UK Lifestyle blog consisting of fashion, Travel and Interviews!

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Bodega - Birmingham

Bodega is a Mexican south american restaurant and bar in Birmingham's city center tucked away in one of it's side roads. During term time I live in Birmingham and I miss my usual Mexican fix which I usually get from bloggers favourite Wahacca, however Bodega  is a good enough replacement whilst I'm up here. With it's flavoursome dishes and fresh cocktails and drinks, it is the perfect place to grab a reasonably priced and tasty lunch.


For my drink I went for the gorgeous non-alcoholic cocktail, Elderflower Fizz made from elderflower (obviously), mint, lemon and sparkling water.


We (my boyfriend and I) shared a regular portion of their nachos, the waiter recommended that we go for the smaller portion as the sharer size between two is massive and he was right, this was more than enough for the two of us. The nachos in this weren't your regular "Doritos" style crisps but were made from fried or tortilla's topped with freshly made guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cheese and jalapenos. They were delicious.


( sorry about the rubbish picture from my phone but it gives you a better idea of what everything looks like)

For our main I choose the mixed peppers and refried bean burrito, with salad and sweet potato fries, my boyfriend went for the same but choose the pulled beef burrito. Priced between £8.75 - £9.25 I think they are extremely good value for money and the taste is worth every penny! The sweet potato fries were absolutely amazing (I need to learn how to make these myself), I dipped mine in the sour cream and they tasted even better, I was in food heaven! I'd highly recommend going to Bodega's if you're in the West Midlands area, with it's relaxed atmosphere, good service and tasty food it is definitely worth the trip.
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. ahh, that looks delicious! I haven't had mexican-inspired food in forever! Those nachos look delicious, and that drink! Kinda reminds me of the no-jitos my roommate always drinks.

    Looks like you had a great time! :)

    Much love,
    Jess
    jessbuckley.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the name! No-jitos is so clever haha!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh Bodega! My fave! Nothing beats a night at Bodega followed by cocktails at the Jekyll and Hyde :)

    Hols x

    http://scenethroughblueeyes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that the cocktails at the Jekyll and Hyde are really good! Do you have any other recommendations?!

      Delete
    2. Yes I do! I love the The Rose Villa Tavern in the Jewellery Quarter for cocktails (yet again) and amazing sweet potato fries! You should also try The Clifton, especially in the summer as they do great outdoor live music and BBQ's :)

      Delete
    3. Ah thankyou so much! I'm always looking for new places to seek out & blog about thanks!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love mexican food but sadly a lot my friends don't. :( You're gorgeous!

    http://ahemitsemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it the spicy-ness they don't like? Im not good with spice either so I'd recommend this place! Thankyou!

      Delete
  5. yummy i like it and definitely in UK no one forget to go for such a nice pleasure. thanks for updating . Room mate

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for commenting on my blog! I appreciate every single comment I get! Daisy x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig