UK Lifestyle blog consisting of fashion, Travel and Interviews!

Tuesday 11 October 2016

London's best places for dinner

I've lived in London for the whole of my life, so more often than not my friends who live outside the city will ask me where's a good place to go for dinner in London. Surprisingly I find it quite hard to find places which offer a good choice of vegetarian food on their menu, something I find really annoying and I cannot understand. However below are a few places I've really enjoyed visiting whether it's for the good food of great interior design. 

No. 1 Duke Street
No. 1 Duke StreetNo. 1 Duke Street

No. 1 Duke Street/No. 11 Pimlico Road:
Both of these restaurants are part of the small Darwin and Wallace group which offers amazing food in beautiful locations. They have quite a good vegetarian options, one of which is their halloumi and courgette burger, it may not be the healthiest option but it's easily the tastiest. Their cocktails are also delicious, I always order the Elderflower and Earl Grey Fizz because its so fresh and doesn't have a really strong boozy taste. I've been here with girl friends, family and my boyfriend so if you're looking for a place which is a bit of an all rounder than this is the place to go! I've also done blog posts on each of them which you can take a look at here - No. 1 Duke Street and No.11 Pimlico Road.

No1 Duke St, Richmond, TW9 1HP and 11 Pimlico Rd, Belgravia, London SW1W 8NA

The Ivy Chelsea GardensThe Ivy Chelsea Garden

The Ivy, Chelsea Garden:
The first time I came here it was on a complete whim, my boyfriend and I were looking for somewhere to eat one rainy weekend, we popped in to see if they had any tables and they did (this never happens so we were very lucky). I love the vibe of it in there, it feels so luxurious, cosy and relaxed, not many places in London have that feel anymore. My favourite thing on the menu is the HLT, a veggie version of a BLT but with lots of halloumi! I'm a big halloumi fan if you've not guessed. I've visited The Ivy a few times and have always had great experiences, plus your always bound to spot a celeb or two (I have every time!)

The Ivy Chelsea Garden, 195 -197 King's Road, London, SW3 5EQ


Sticks 'n' Sushi:
I am slightly obsessed with this place, I walked past it for years and always wanted to go in but never did because I thought it'd be way too expensive, but one day I decided to just go for it. I am so glad I did because this is some of the best food I have ever had. I'm totally in love with their Eringi Yakitori, it's so delicious! Their grilled edamame needs mentioning too as my mouth is watering at just at the thought of them! For vegetarians and vegans this places is pretty reasonable with 8 pieces of Avocado Hosomaki for just £2.80, but at that price why just have 8?

58 Wimbledon Hill Rd, Wimbledon, London, SW19 7PA

Bronte Charing CrossBronte Charing Cross

Bronte:
I've only been to Bronte once, and in all honesty I didn't love the food. If you're a meat eater the menu might be more suitable for you but it is a great place to take someone if you're looking to impress them. You're only a stones throw away from the National Gallery, a short walk to Buckingham Palace or Covent Garden. However, the interior design of this place is what makes it so special, it was built under the creative direction of Tom Dixon, the man responsible for those copper candles. It really is an Instagram dream...

Bronte, The Grand Building, 1–3 Strand, London, WC2N 5EJ

Franco MancaFranco Manca Balham

Franco Manca:
Last on my list is Franco Manca. Amazing sourdough pizza at really reasonable price, I think their margherita's (or otherwise known as a number '2') are £5.90. In my opinion they are the best pizza's in London and despite popping up all over the city the quality has not dipped in any way. I've been to a few of their branches but I have to say the one in Balham is my favourite, and I'm always popping in to see what they have on their specials board. Recently one of the specials included pesto and garlic potatoes it's a carb lovers heaven!

Various locations but you can find their Balham one at 53 Bedford Hill, London, SW12 9EZ
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. My mouth is watering reading this post and it's not even lunchtime yet! The interiors at Bronte looks gorgeous but it's a shame the food isn't that great. I'd love to visit The Ivy one day just because it's so famous! x

    Josie | Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt SO hungry when I was writing this post! It was absolute torture!

      Delete
  2. I need to come and try these places!!! Lovely Daisy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love Franco Manca, especially cos one of their regular pizzas is tomato free (damn allergy!). I've also loved Dynamo (Putney) and Wahaca (Charlotte Street is my fav) too - but the best place I've been in London has been Mac & Wild. Definitely not for veggies though! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh that's so good! Thanks for letting me know, I'll have a look at Dynamo!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing! London is so big, I never know where to go for food. I really want to try the Ivy as I've read a lot of positive things about it, but you've made me discover Franco Manca and it sounds great - I need all the garlic potatoes! :P

    Julia x
    Last post: In the Gardens of Versailles | http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/wander-through-gardens-of-versailles.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must must must go to Franco Manca! It's so great!

      Delete
  5. such a cool place !

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for commenting on my blog! I appreciate every single comment I get! Daisy x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig