UK Lifestyle blog consisting of fashion, Travel and Interviews!

Sunday 22 April 2012

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream

 In the shade light

 With Flash

I was very excited about this product as I have been wanting to try a BB cream for a while but wasn't really sure about which brand to go for and what they really were. I first heard about BB creams through watching videos by YouTube beauty guru Miss Glamorazzi as she has tested out a few and raved about them. I didn't understand how they would be any different from a regular tinted moisturiser, but i soon found out how this product is very different.

BB creams originate from Asia and their original purpose was to protect skin after surgery or laser treatment, the BB stands for Blemish base. The reason why now nearly every skincare brand has released them is because the BB cream can do so many things, it can be used as a light foundation, a tinted moisturiser, primer and most also include sun protection.

I tried out the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream in the shade light, there is also the shade "universal glow" which is supposed to adapt to most skin colours but I think it would be too dark for me and may leave an unattractive orange tint on my skin. I've found two slight flaws with this product and they would be this issue of the shade ( I have the shade light) as it doesn't quite blend into my skin perfectly as I would like to and can leave me with a very slight orange "glow". It's other flaw is that you do need to use quite a lot of it to cover your whole face and it can dry quite quickly once it's out of the tube. So my tip would be to squeeze it out as you need it and not to squeeze out a big dollop at once. Saying this though I absolutely love this product, it's great for a primer and it means that I don't need to use as much foundation to give myself a good coverage. I also really like that it has SPF 30 in as I always forget to put sun cream on! So if you're like me this product is an absolute life saver.

The bottle states that it has 8 unique selling points; Creates a natural glow, Compliments skin-tone, SPF30 UV protection, Hydrates all day, Blurs imperfections, Oil free - non greasy,  Looks visibly fresh & Feels fresh. I really cannot disagree with these statements, the only one I have an issue with is the "natural glow" it creates, as I just find it too orange. However this cream has completely changed my skin, my skin is now so soft and it was definitely not that hydrated and smooth before I started using this cream. This product retails at around £7.40-£8, I got mine from my local boots for £7.99, if you're thinking about getting a BB cream but are not sure where to start I would highly recommend starting with this one.

Have you tried any other BB cream or know any you think are better than this? Let me know in the comments below!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for commenting on my blog! I appreciate every single comment I get! Daisy x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig