UK Lifestyle blog consisting of fashion, Travel and Interviews!

Wednesday 3 January 2018

The Best of 2017



Quite literally everyone has done one of these, whether it's as a blog post or on Instagram stories and I felt inspired to have a go at writing one of my own. 2017 has been a funny old year for everyone, it seemed like every week something awful was happening. For the first time in a very long time I felt worried to be living in London. However lots of amazing things did happen and although it's important to talk about what's happening in the world and raise awareness, it's also nice to have a little bit of escapism.


Friendships/Relationships:
I started 2017 with a group of my old school friends and dancing outrageously until the early hours of the morning, before finishing it with a big bag of chips, and it was one of the most fun nights I'd had in a long time. As you get older making new friends can be hard as you're no longer at school or university and everyone has seem to found their gang, so focusing on my friendships this year was really important for me. I'm lucky I have so many amazing people in my life and I wanted to make sure my relationships with them were as strong as they could possibly be. Some people who have made my year are Dan, Lucy, Liv, Gemma, Jess, Amy and Bryony. In 2017 a couple of my friends left the UK to go travelling and I'm looking very much looking forward to welcoming them back this year!


Work:
At the beginning of the year I was very happy to be promoted to PR and Marketing executive, I'd been working towards this goal for a little while, so I was excited to start the new year with a new position. It's been quite the hectic year at work from organising our 'Christmas in July' event, creating lots of social content, to writing a book (!), celebrating the business's 10th birthday and then the general Christmas madness. Whilst doing all of that I've worked with some really cool brands on my blog and Instagram this year including PANDORA, River Island, Bill's, Krispy Kreme and Not on the High Street. My blog got also got a whole new look and I created loads of blog posts I'm really proud of.



Travel:
I visited my sister in Leeds a couple of times this year, which has been super fun and I really love going up there, the shopping is so good! As I've been a few times now I really need to do a little city guide, so maybe that'll come in 2018. I also went to the Cotswolds (twice), Sheffield and Edinburgh - looking back I can't quite believe I've managed to do so much. Finally, my boyfriend and I treated ourselves to a much deserved beach holiday to Crete. We literally didn't do anything but drink cocktails/beer, eat crisps, swim in the pool and read books, it was absolutely perfect. In fact wish I was there right now... 


Big highlights:
This is going to sound crazy but one of my biggest highlights was seeing Drake at the O2 back in March. The ticket might have been pricey but seeing him was something I've been dreaming of for years. I last missed out on the chance in 2013, so it was just such an incredible night and something I know I'll remember forever. As well as seeing Drake, I've also seen Little Mix (twice), Dizzee Rascal and Gorillaz - it's been so fun going to gigs and concerts again! 

Something else I've not mentioned on here is that in 2017 I became a home owner (sort of), Dan and I put a deposit down for our first flat together! It's incredibly exciting but unbelievably stressful. It's still being built but we're hoping to be able to move in over the next few months, I can't wait to be able to do some interior posts this year as I've been collecting so many cute things for the flat. 

Happy new year! Let's hope 2018 is the best yet x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for commenting on my blog! I appreciate every single comment I get! Daisy x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig