UK Lifestyle blog consisting of fashion, Travel and Interviews!

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner Review

With so many make up products coming out every week It's hard to keep up with it all and even more challenging to test them all out. So after eyeing up this product  for a while ( excuse the pun) I thought I'd give it ago. I'd seen it been used in one of my favourites YouTubers the Pixiwoo girls video and if its good enough for them, then its good enough for me.



Maybelline have never been one of my go to brands when looking at my local "drugstore" for make up but as I was so impressed with their bb cream I was sure that this product wouldn't be too bad. Well I feel its fair to say that this product is pretty amazing. I'm impressed with it on every level the pigment in product is great, its extremely easy to use and its a great price. I was sceptical to try a gel liner as I've used liquid liner pretty much since day one of using make up. I've also tried another gel liner before which was from topshop and was pretty awful, it dried up so easily and just was so difficult and horrible to apply. Make up artist Tanya Burr said is that it was a great cheaper replacement for Bobbi Brown's cult product, the gel liner.


However the brush you get with this liner is actually quote good and works fairly well I haven't bothered to use any off my own brushes with the liner. I think for someone just starting off using eyeliner this would be a great starting point, you don't run the risk off getting the product in your eye and its stinging horribly. It's also easy to achieve the much loved winged liner look as the brush allows you to create great easy flicks.


This retails for about about £6.99 is available also in brown from Boots and Superdrug (UK) 
I'd give this product a 5 out of 5.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. This looks so good! I'm definitely going to have to get this, although I am so crap at winged eyeliner it's a joke! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing such an amazing product for the price, i'm totally in love with it. This will definately help you with your winged eyeliner problem!

      Delete
  2. That looks SO good - I've wanted to try it, but am worried I won't be able to apply it - how easy is it?
    http://ohmyolivia.blogspot.com/ xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will be, just practice a bit to get used to it & after using the brush make sure you clean it each time or the liner will set on the brush & make it hard & scratchy!

      Delete
  3. Does it last all day and how hard is it to remove? Ive been using the essence one and its pretty good, Its just annoying how hard it is to actually remove! But it does last all day!

    http://alltheprettythingsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does last pretty much all day. I don't ever top mine up & comes off easily with a make up wipe or baby wipe.

      Delete

Thankyou so much for commenting on my blog! I appreciate every single comment I get! Daisy x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig